MTL IOP Surge Protectors
Model: IOP Surge Protection Device
- Hybrid protection circuit – 20kA rated surge current
- IOP32D and IOP-AC each provide surge protection for two loops or 4 wires
- IOP32 provides surge protection for one loop or 2 wires
- IOP HC32 provides surge protection for one high current loop, up to 5A
- IOP-AC provides surge protections for two 120V or 240V AC loops
- Removable terminals – easy installation, easy to test
- ATEX & FM certification for IOP32 and IOP32D
- Space saving – width per loop:
- IOP32D & IOP-AC 6mm
- IOP32 & IOP HC32 12mm
The MTL IOP series of surge protectors offers a high packing density, high protection level and low price making it a valuable solution for protecting both digital and analog I/O. The IOP retains a hybrid circuit comprising 20kA gas discharge tubes and solid state components. This impressive product is designed to exhibit exceptionally low line resistance and therefore adds only a tiny voltage drop to the circuit.
Fully automatic in operation, IOP devices react immediately to make sure that equipment is never exposed to damaging surges between lines or the lines and ground. Reacting instantaneously, the IOP redirects surges safely to ground and then resets automatically.
Then MTL IOP series includes four modes to suit a wide range of applications. The IOP32D and IOP-AC each provide surge protection for two loops or 4 wires with the IOP-AC also providing surge protections for two 120V or 240V AC loops. The IOP32 provides surge protection for one loop or 2 wires. Finally, the IOP HC32 provides surge protection for one high current loop, up to 5A
One simple manual operation clamps IOP modules securely onto DIN rail, which automatically provides the essential high-integrity ground connection. Removable terminals are included for ease of installation, maintenance and for providing a loop disconnect by simply unplugging the terminals from the side of the module. Wire entry is angled to assist wiring within limited space enclosures.